Centre for Justice & Human Services
School of Justice Studies – Policing
Full-Time Continuing Competition No. 16-047
Lethbridge College has provided innovative and comprehensive educational programs for over 50 years, promoting excellence in teaching and applied research. Lethbridge College is a dynamic and progressive post- secondary institution, helping students to achieve their career and educational goals.
The Centre for Justice and Human Services is currently seeking a highly motivated, flexible, innovative individual to join our Justice Studies Policing faculty team, prior to the 2016 fall term.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and knowledge in a diverse range of leading edge policing practices, with the ability to bring this information to the classroom. The successful applicant will instruct a variety of courses in the Policing program both at the Diploma and Degree level. As a member of the School of Justice Studies instructional team, faculty participate in a collaborative teaching environment, curriculum and course development and may instruct online courses. Faculty are responsible for student evaluation and progress, and to participate in program and college level committees, as well as applied research.
An overview of the Justice Studies programs and course descriptions may be viewed at www.lethbridgecollege.ca.
- Master’s degree in Justice/Criminology or a related field is preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree (if currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program may be considered)
- Related Diploma and extensive policing experience may be considered
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a broad range of policing activities
- Previous instructional experience in a post-secondary setting preferred
- A commitment to evaluating and applying effective teaching and learning practices
- Experience which reflects varied and increasing levels of responsibility is beneficial
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills and comfortable with technology in the classroom